Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Homestand Part Deux

Last night was more of the same, Mets are in the game due to good-not-great pitching, couldn't score, bullpen comes in and the wheels fall off. Some nice defensive plays at 3rd and at the plate, which was refreshing to see. Justin Turner is probably an upgrade at 2B, even though he couldn't seem to throw the ball properly. Hopefully that was just first-game jitters. Also nice to see Beltran hit one out of the park.

Parnell has looked overmatched from day one. The official word is that he may have a blood clot in his finger. Hopefully that gets straightened out because he has been killing the team recently.

I have just about had it with Scott Hairston and Willie Harris. In fact, I have had it with the depth issues this team has had over the past 3 years. I know depth has to be cultivated over the years via the farm system, but I really thought that this year would see the end of pretending that aging bench players can be every-day major leaguers. I guess not. I will be elated to see Jason Bay return to left field tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. dude "veteran character guys" almost always means "untalented waste of roster spots". My Natties have the exact same problem. We even have a shitty Hairston of our own! Ridiculous. I want Nyjer Morgan back, i'll take almost-skilled crazy person over these creaky grandpas.
    In related news, did you know that Jason Bay is Canada's most highly paid athlete? Thanks Mets!

    ReplyDelete