Thursday, April 14, 2011

How Many Mets Does it Take to Screw in a Lightbulb?

Hello friends, and welcome to the inaugural post of Upstate met Fan. My name's Keaston and I'll be your host. I am not a baseball insider and I get a majority of my information/game analysis from the usual suspects; Metsblog and the SNY blog network, Mets Today, various sports media outlets and, of course, by watching the games.

I am somewhat of a blue-collar fan and hope to provide insight, analysis and even a little bit of humor through what is hopefully a fresh perspective. Living over 100 miles away from any Major-League stadium, I do not get to go to as many games as I'd like but I do feel somewhat insulated from the hectic "win now" attitude that can sometimes permeate the fanbase and popular media. I've bounced around the idea of starting a Mets blog through the lens of an upstate New Yorker for awhile and am happy to finally get this thing off the ground.

Another post will be coming later recapping today's double-header and a little bit of the season at large. For now, welcome to my little slice of the intertubes. Lets Go Mets!

No comments:

Post a Comment